Getting certified like a project manager is an excellent method to cement your talent and prove your worth not just in your present employer but to the future company too. In addition, but if you take a project management certification course you are able to make sure you are up to date around the latest best practice approaches for managing any project, assisting you fare better every day.
If you’re thinking about getting qualified like a project manager, you’re most likely filled with questions at this time. Which route offers the quickest or easiest path to qualification? Which standard may be the best and one which is more prone to enable you to get employment later on? Would you even require a qualification whatsoever? The solution to each one of these questions, and much more, is frequently determined by your particular conditions.
Do you want certification?
Although any kind of official certification is definitely likely to benefit your job, thinking about the price, your time and effort and also the time involved with taking project management certification courses, it is crucial that it’s really highly relevant to you, at this time. For example, should you just need to understand more about managing projects, you might be able to get all you need from some simple day courses or online sources.
If, however, you’re searching to create the first enter professional project management, or are searching to step-up inside your career to obtain a better job, then maybe it’s a wise proceed to grab yourself certified. Increasingly more employers are utilizing certification as just one way of assessing a candidate’s appropriateness for employment, so it seems sensible to possess a robust qualification in your CV if you’re within the jobs market.
Which fits your needs?
There are plenty of project management certification routes available, the best for you is determined by a number of factors, for example where you need to work and just what the preferred choice of your chosen market is. When thinking about certification routes, consider:
• May be the course recognised inside your industry? Exactly what do project managers inside your field usually hold?
• Could it be recognised worldwide? Even though you don’t plan to travel for work, worldwide recognition can provide you with more clout when confronted with overseas contractors or project stakeholders.
• What’s the cost? Cost shouldn’t be the deciding factor, but will enter into it, specifically if you are self-funding.
• Where and how will the program occur? Travelling huge distances on day release out of your current job is not going to be fun. See what’s available in your area or so what can be completed at home.
• Where are you able to go next? What is the further qualification leading on in the one you have done, should you want to increase your certification further later on?
All project management certifications, from PRINCE2 to PMP, are made to provide you with a great grounding within the strategies and skills required for project management success. The variations between classes are more details on methodology than fundamental skills, so whatever you decide it’s unlikely you’ll be restricting the selection of employment later on, as lengthy while you stick to the larger names and many broadly recognised certifications.
Though you have been doing the project management role, your designation would not have changed in the organization. For changing the designation you may have to complete the project management certification.